[Geowanking] Tornado damage overlays

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Mon Jun 6 08:04:52 PDT 2011

One could probably easily make an overlay based on the preliminary report
from the NWS:

http://kamala.cod.edu/ma/latest.nous41.KBOX.html

*..EF3 TORNADO CONFIRMED FROM WESTFIELD TO CHARLTON*

LOCATION...WESTFIELD TO CHARLTON IN HAMPDEN AND WORCESTER COUNTIES
DATE...JUNE 1 2011
ESTIMATED TIME...417 PM TO 527 PM EDT
MAXIMUM EF-SCALE RATING...EF3
ESTIMATED MAXIMUM WIND SPEED...160 MPH

MAXIMUM PATH WIDTH...ONE HALF MILE
PATH LENGTH...39.0 MILES
BEGINNING LAT/LON...42.10N / 72.75W
ENDING LAT/LON...42.10N / 71.99W
* FATALITIES...4
* INJURIES...200

* THE INFORMATION IN THIS STATEMENT IS PRELIMINARY AND SUBJECT TO

CHANGE PENDING FINAL REVIEW OF THE EVENT(S) AND PUBLICATION IN NWS
STORM DATA.

*snip*

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Bob Basques <Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us>wrote:

>  *http://www.tornadopaths.org/*
>
>  The data comes from :
>
>  NSSL (Severe Storms Lab)
>

>  This is something I'm interested in as well.  The above service didnt
> work out for me in a recent projewct because the trails don't appear until
> about a month after the event.  There may be some more recent posting of
> data at the NSSL site however.
>
>  bobb

> Have you tried the Storm Prediction Center’s SVRGIS page?
> http://www.spc.noaa.gov/gis/svrgis/
>

> I grabbed the 1950-2010 data set found there and put it Fusion Tables, but
> haven’t done anything with it beyond that.
> http://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?dsrcid=894938
>

> Roger

B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://bkdelong.livejournal.com            Life.
http://umass.edu/umhome/parks/        In Memorium.

GPG Key Fingerprint: 5EEF0ABDACDD937AD08F4AF0E42DFD9081DE7CB