[Geowanking] Portable GPS recommendations

Chris Spurgeon chris at spurgeonworld.com
Sat Sep 4 17:04:07 PDT 2010

Hi all...

I had a Magellan Explorist 600 hand held GPS for a years, 'til it recently
got stolen out of my car. I've been suffering with just the GPS in my iPhone
(which is truly terrible for geocaching, OSM logging, etc.).

So now I'm in the market for a replacement unit, and I was wondering if
anyone here has any recommendations. I want the kind of things you would
expect...rugged, accurate, good logging capacity...and it needs to be
(relatively) easy to use with a Mac.

I've heard good things about the DeLorme PN-40 and PN-60 units, but I have
no idea. I welcome all informed opinions. Thanks!

Chris Spurgeon