[Geowanking] Latitude/Longitude Polygons for world cities

Mike Malone mike at simplegeo.com
Wed Jan 13 22:51:55 PST 2010

Not sure what you're doing, but you might want to check out the Flickr
shapefiles that they CC0'd a while back <
http://code.flickr.com/blog/2009/05/21/flickr-shapefiles-public-dataset-10/>.
They were generated by looking at the lat/long of uploaded photos along with
the user input place name for each photo, so they're not terribly accurate.
There's a lot of "blurring" around the edges of cities, for example. But
maybe they'll work for you!

If the Flickr shapefiles aren't accurate enough for you, and you have a list
of cities you want shapefiles for, you may be able to pull that data from
the Yahoo! GeoPlanet API (assuming their ToS isn't a problem).

Mike