[Geowanking] Neogeo tools trainer for NYC grassroots/nonprofit mapping event?

Jim Craner jim at maptogether.org
Thu Feb 25 14:28:14 PST 2010

Hi all,

A collaborative of nonprofit and grassroots organizations based in New
York City is hoping to have a workshop on training staff and volunteers
on the use of mapping tools for community mapping efforts (I'm thinking
Google Maps, Google Earth, web-based choropleth generators, and OSM most
likely).

They've got a date of March 10th but could use some more folks to help
with the training itself.  This is an all-volunteer thing, so it would
be pro bono.

If you're interested in helping out at this event - or you just want to
chat about nonprofit/grassroots mapping sometime :) - hit me up off
list.

Thanks!
Jim