[Geowanking] Converting to MGRS

George Demmy gdemmy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:43:16 PST 2010

Hi Mike,

It's essentially a table look-up. It's explained in detail in the DMA
Tech Manual. However, there is a fairly clean C implementation for
doing this with Geotrans -- a calculator for converting geographic
coordinates that's pretty nifty in its own right. They also have a
module for USNG, which is very similar.

http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/geotrans

HTH,

George Demmy