[Geowanking] image pyramid software, KML, Google earth

ted scharff ebs.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:25:07 PST 2009

Hi, Markus.

The NASA Vision Workbench has a tool called image2qtree that will take one
of many different georeferenced image formats and output quadtree tiles with
along the appropriate ImageOverlay  kml.  I use it often and it's quite
nice.  [Full disclosure: I didn't develop this tool, but I work for the lab
that did.]

The C++ source is available here:
http://ti.arc.nasa.gov/project/nasa-vision-workbench/

If you just want to play around with image2qtree and not bother with
building that whole image processing toolkit, it's also available as binary
for Linux and OS X, as part of the Ames Stereo Pipeline binary release:
http://ti.arc.nasa.gov/project/ngt/stereo/#Downloading

Cheers,
Ted Scharff
Intelligent Robotics Group