[Geowanking] Cool Temporal Animations

Tyler Erickson tyler.erickson at mtu.edu
Fri Feb 13 20:33:22 PST 2009

I've enjoyed the videos of Hans Rosling, who uses animated scatter plots
to give insight into global trends.  These could be described as
'interactive animations' although most of the examples use data
attributes for the axes, rather that map coordinates.

http://www.gapminder.org/
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen.html

Of course, part of the appeal is watching someone who is really excited
about statistics.

- Tyler

>>> http://projects.flowingdata.com/walmart/
>>> http://www.obleek.com/iraq/