[Geowanking] Converting Lat Long to X Y

Will King williamking1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:17:12 PST 2008

Paul

If it's the *UK national grid* you want to transform into then look no
further than Grid Inquest http://www.qgsl.com/?product=gridinquest

"The Grid InQuest software provides a means for transforming coordinates
between ETRS89 (WGS84) and the National coordinate systems of Great Britain,
Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland."

"The Grid InQuest product uses a DLL containing the actual transformation
logic. This DLL is freely available for software developers to integrate
into applications, for more information see the programming manual available
for download with the software. The DLL is in use by more than 50 companies,
including the Ordnance Survey on their www sites as part of their online
coordinate transformation services."

On Jan 31, 2008 9:34 PM, Paul Harwood <paul at harwood-leon.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Just a lazy question from a novice geowanker I suppose...but it might save
> me an evenings surfing though if you can help.
>
> I have googled a bit, with a few solutions... but does anyone have a perl
> script (or a site) to hand, to do Lat Long conversions to X Y? I have UK
> postcode/outcode/location database that I want to convert from L Lo to X Y.
>
> I have found this link but don't have enough experience to know whether
> its accurate enough, or whether the area I am covering will have any bearing
> on it.
>
>  http://dan.pfeiffer.net/maps/convert.htm
>
> Many thanks
>
> Paul

Will King
0044 (0) 77950 96645

http://geodatasolutions.co.uk

GPS Surveying | Location Data Capture | GIS Digital Mapping