[Geowanking] 3D session? at wherecamp '08 ?

Anselm Hook anselm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:43:42 PST 2008

Hi Mike,

Ryan and I and others are keen on seeing WhereCamp happen again of course;
and we do have a good offer for a space to host the event.

Looks like it will be on May 17th ~ 18th which is right after Where 2.0.
But this is not final final yet.  If you have strong opinions one way or the
other you should voice them.

We've asked BarCamp and other events to not use that weekend...

Personally am interested in seeing GIS community formalize around a richer
spec for 3D.  I think the VRML/X3D community botched it as well and there's
a lot to learn from the GameDev community and RDF folks about how to express
extremely large many participant dynamic physical spaces.