[Geowanking] Historic USGS Topo maps for the US Northeast

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Jan 23 21:05:30 PST 2008

Derrick Brashear writes:
 > On Jan 11, 2008 7:57 PM, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
 >
 > > I have a working DVD burner again, so if anybody wants a *stitched*
 > > and *georeferenced* copy of the "Historic" USGS Topo maps which were
 > > collected by Chris Marshall, published by the UNH Library, and donated
 > > to historic.maptech.com, just ask.
 > >

 > Are these the ones Richard Utter stitched?

Yes, one and the same.  Redistributed with his permission.

Derrick, (while I'm sending you email), check this out:
  http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=44.757641&lon=-74.971705&z=17.1&r=0&src=aska

The AskJeeves imagery at that resolution is the NYSGIS 60cm/pixel
infrared.  See the wye?  It's quite hard to see using visible imagery.
I've gone to the location, and there's definitely a wye there, but the
infrared makes it obvious.  I believe that the wye was used between
1851 and 1886, when the Potsdam & Watertown terminated there.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software