[Geowanking] liveblog: iphone location platform with google/skyhook

Mike Liebhold mnl at well.com
Wed Jan 16 12:27:37 PST 2008

Here's a couple of early tests; one perfect, one way off ...

Actual Location: Alma and University ave. Palo Alto , Ca
Nature of Urban Area: Low rise  downtown
WiFi Connected?Y
Edge Only? N
ATT Bar Strength? 5
Circle Radius: 20 meters
Crosshairs aligned with actual location? Y
Crosshairs how far off? 0  miles

Actual Location:  Home in rural San Mateo mountains
Nature of Urban Area:  Remote rural
WiFi Connected?Y
Edge Only? N
ATT Bar Strength? 2
Circle Radius: 1 mile
Crosshairs aligned with actual location? N
Crosshairs how far off? 5  miles

I just sent a note to skyhook asking how to add an AP to their DB..

- Mike