[Geowanking] Re: looking for paper and domain suggestions

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Wed Jan 9 22:23:29 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 16:55 -0600, Reid Priedhorsky wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Thanks for your kind responses! Reading these and some others from other
> sources, it's clear that my list of criteria are incomplete. Here's a
> better list:
>
> a. geographic, but not just tagging places or regions with info -- some
> kind of interconnectedness is necessary
> b. changing over time, especially when the geography itself changes
> c. the domain supports real activities
> d. the activities require planning
> e. user input of some kind is useful

Flora & fauna pest management in State/national parks or reserves.  The
geography may not change much, but the pest activity typically does,
often inadvertently in response to human activities (casual use and
planned facilities development) and hopefully in response to planned
treatment strategies.

HTH,
Tim Bowden