[Geowanking] looking for paper and domain suggestions

Tom Longson (nym) tomlong at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:59:57 PST 2008

I'm particularly interested in traffic-congestion analysis for areas
other than freeways. It is geographic, changes over time (especially
when roads close), supports commuters and possibly emergency services,
and can be studied for future trends, e.g. "If you leave your house
now, you'll arrive in 40 minutes. If you leave your house in thirty
minutes, you'll arrive in 20."

I have no real experience in this area though, so there may be work
that I'm unaware of in progress.

Cheers,
Tom Longson