[Geowanking] Cellular provider-type device

Ian White ian at urbanmapping.com
Wed Sep 12 15:54:00 PDT 2007

Unlikely question of the day....

Anybody know of a device that indicates which network(s) provide reception
in a given area? Call it a 'cellular sniffer' if you like...

My hack to get this done is to carry 4 cellphones bound with duct tape.
When  I'm done using it, it will be the perfect mobile for a baby's crib!!

But I'd prefer a slightly more, er, elegant hack.

Ian White  ::  Urban Mapping, Inc.
690 Fifth Street Suite 200  ::  San Francisco  CA 94107
T.415.946.8170  :: F.866.385.8266  :: urbanmapping.com