[Geowanking] iPhone Geolocating technology?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Wed Sep 12 14:00:15 PDT 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Drew from Zhrodague wrote:

> 	I am still debating whether to use a GPL license, or a CC variety.
> The idea is to give out the data, and make sure that some other organization
> cannot just sell the data -- we want to make sure that it is used, and
> perpetuates, and that WiFiMaps.com is cited. This might be a good time to ask
> the community (and Brashear at the same time) what they think about
> community-collected WiFi geo data licensing.

I'm just a guy. However if cddb, and before that a certain mailing list,
tell me anything, it's that someone else asserting compilation copyright
on data I provided in a way that precludes me from using it, is
unpalatable. As long as there's a license that precludes someone from
taking the provided data private and making a profit, good.

I'm not opposed to profit, but if you want my data, pay me or keep giving
me stuff for free, (if) I gave you stuff for free.

That's all.