[Geowanking] Looking for outdoor playtesters in Seattle

Jeremy Irish jeremy at groundspeak.com
Fri Oct 26 06:38:08 PDT 2007

Greetings,

We're getting towards the end of testing a prototype player for a new location-based gaming platform called Wherigo.

We're looking for a few volunteers in Seattle to meet us at Gasworks Park to play our Build a Bot game example to make sure we aren't missing anything. These play dates as we call them are pretty flexible and the game takes less than an hour to play. If you're interested please send me an email.

The play date will not require an NDA. We have some internal deadlines so our play dates will be going on over the next couple of weeks.

A one sheet explanation of Wherigo can be found at http://www.wherigo.com

Also on the same subject as the Platial email we're looking for an intern who can program in Lua. It's either a part or full time gig at $12/hr or more - depending on experience. Although our builder tools are meant to be used with limited to no coding experience we're pushing the envelope with our own internally built cartridges*. Basically if you're interested in exploring location based gaming's new medium and have Lua coding experience we'd like to talk to you.

Thanks!

Jeremy

*We've been calling them cartridges but they are actually game files. It's a homage to old game systems.