[Geowanking] 3D geodata for Dublin?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed May 9 15:22:19 PDT 2007

Building 3D city models is an expensive business, that's why the Big
Boys pay Big Money for it.  Lacking anything to grasp at all in your
input data, like stereo pairs, etc, leaves you in a bad state.  All I
can suggest is to gut it out and collect the building tops through
digitization, then use those shadows to your advantage. Take
reference heights on a few buildings, then use the shadow lengths on
the rest to derive the building heights.