[Geowanking] FYI: 3D PDF

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Mar 16 11:49:24 PDT 2007

Charles,

  You're right, Firefox reads the page no problem (my
problem must have been operator error).  Sorry about the
mis-info.

  I'm not sure which version of the Reader I had (likely
pretty old), but I had to upgrade to get the list of
lighting effects, the outlines on the buildings, and the
node-list/model-tree on left.

*** One thing that wasn't obvious to me was you have to
click the 3D model in the center of the PDF to activate the
3d plugin, allowing you rotate the image, change the
lighting, etc.

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta