[Geowanking] Verizon Location Services Walled Garden

Anselm Hook anselm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:16:44 PST 2007

At Ian's really rather great geowanking get together last month Brady got a
show of hands from new members to this mailing list.  Almost everybody who
dropped by was new within the last few weeks - mostly due to Annalee's Wired
article.

So some of the comments to the list are probably going to reflect that
newness.  (The excuse for the rest of us is probably alzheimers).

For the record I think verizon & co are will pay the price for failing to
create a platform where others can play with location.  I hope they're
knocked out of business personally.

Incidentally:

I posted some words arranged in a sequence that more or less coincides with
what I said during my presentation at Ian's geowanking event last month.
See http://anselm.typepad.com .

Also there is a pre-pre-alpha demo for firefox only at http://hook.org .
I'll repeat 'firefox only'.  It's a work in progress...  user input may be
blown away at random right now... the urls may change (anybody in Iceland
want to help get *.pol.is for me?)...

 - a