[Geowanking] Verizon Location Services Walled Garden

Dennis Crowley dens at dodgeball.com
Tue Jan 2 10:25:29 PST 2007

> " Am I guaranteed that my application will launch on the Verizon
> Wireless network? [garden]
>
> No. Verizon Wireless will evaluate the application based on its
> merits, the business case,  ... and how well the application aligns
> with Verizon Wireless' goals and business objectives. ...  "
this doesn't sound so different than the playbook Verizon uses for
getting *any* BREW app on it's deck (nevermind an LBS BREW app)

and word on how often you can ping the GPS / AGPS once you have a
BREW app running on a handset?  i'm wondering whether you'll be able
to ping for location lookup as much as you want or whether Verizon
will charge the developer every time you want to run a lookup.

dennis crowley
founder, dodgeball.com

+ dens at dodgeball.com
+ 917-301-2028