[Geowanking] Fwd: OpenLayers 2.2 Final Release
crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Nov 15 12:36:41 PST 2006
OpenLayers 2.2 final release now available.
----- Forwarded message from Erik Uzureau <euzuro at gmail.com> -----
From: Erik Uzureau <euzuro at gmail.com>
To: users at openlayers.org, openlayers <dev at openlayers.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:16:00 +0100
Subject: [OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 2.2 Final Release
The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce Final Release of
To run 2.2 in your applications, include the following tag in your
Among the 68 fixed tickets, you will find...
Exciting New Features:
* Overview Map Control (Thanks Tim Schaub!)
* Mouse Position Control (Thanks Jeff Dege!)
* GeoRSS Atom support (Thanks Sean Gilles!)
* MapServer CGI Layer (Thanks Arnd Wipperman!)
* Support for displaying WMS on top of Google Maps
* Yahoo! Maps now included in default single file build
* Brand new Layer.Image lets you add *any* single image as a map
layer (Thanks Tim Schaub!)
Other notable changes:
* Refactoring the use of Prototype.js. Rather than using
Prototype.js, OpenLayers has integrated the important pieces of the
Prototype framework into OpenLayers, and removed offending functions
like Object.extend(). This means that there should no longer be
conflicts between OpenLayers and different versions of Prototype, or
* Adding support for a 'lite' build of OpenLayers via 'build
profiles', as described at http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Profiles
* Addition of a framework for customizing OpenLayers via CSS, e.g.
Popups. (Not all aspects of the interface are customizable yet, e.g.
Official Release Notes including all features and bug fixes can be
found here: http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.2/Notes
...and complete documentation on the entire 2.2 Release is here:
Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the version "2.2".
As always, thanks for any and all feedback... and thanks for using OpenLayers!
Dev mailing list
Dev at openlayers.org
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the Geowanking