[Geowanking] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Input regarding Axis Order Confusion

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Dec 15 09:08:02 PST 2006

The beauty of cross-posting to multiple lists... I just replied to the
osgeo-discuss fork of this thread asking for an update on what happened
at OGC this week and just found my answer here.

So nobody present at the OGC meeting saw the issue? It's not about
deciding which one is "correct" between x,y, or y,x, or lon,lat, or
lat,lon ... I could not care less as long as pick one and only one and
go with it. Variable axis order based on SRS code like what has been
introduced in WMS 1.3 is the worst possible situation for
interoperability IMNSHO.

WMS 1.1.x has been a huge success, widely adopted and deployed because
it was simple... simple to implement a server, and simple to implement a
client... and WMS 1.3 broke that simplicity!

Here ya go... you got me going again... time to stop...

Daniel

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> On Wed, December 13, 2006 18:55, Bob Basques wrote:
>> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> if you are aware of anything that might enhance information regarding

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/