[Geowanking] Perl Geospatial Content (and other gems?)

Rich Gibson rich.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:29:28 PDT 2006

The biggest suckage in Geo::Track::Log is that my GPX parsing is
a)primitive and b)slow as all heck.  It uses XML::Simple (ack!).

How well does your pure perl version work?

GPSBabel is so much faster...personally I'd rather do

>         NMEA -> gpsbabel -> something faster to parse than GPX, even text -> Perl something parser -> perl data structure

Even cooler would be to leave the data within gpsbabel's internal
structure and have a perl wrapper to access the data.