[Geowanking] microformats and grddl

Chris Goad cg at mapbureau.com
Tue Jul 5 15:46:34 PDT 2005

PS:
In my last post  I said "You might mention GRDDL,  but it may be that GRDDL's slightly higher complexity and more abstract formulation will be an obstacle to adoption. "

This was sufficiently badly phrased that I can't resist a correction. Microformats are one kind of input from which GRDDL extracts RDF.  Microformats can be adopted without knowledge of GRDDL. The latter kind of adoption may end up as the most common, is what I should have said. The main point is that geoannotation of XHTML content is worthwhile, and the upcoming geo microformat may make this happen on a larger scale than previously.

Chris