[Geowanking] GSM Positioning

Carl Shimer carl at clingfire.net
Mon Aug 15 10:17:26 PDT 2005

Have you seen http://cellspotting.com/webpages/cellspotting.html ?

-----Original Message-----
From: geowanking-bounces at lists.burri.to
[mailto:geowanking-bounces at lists.burri.to] On Behalf Of Martin May
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 12:03 PM
To: geowanking at lists.burri.to
Subject: [Geowanking] GSM Positioning

I am currently working on some software that correlates GSM cells to
lat/longs for some LBS experiments. The software is ready and works
fairly well, and I already have a good portion of Denver, CO mapped (T-
Mobile only for now).

I was hoping to find some people who can help in the mapping effort.
Requirements are a Series 60 phone, a bluetooth GPS and a data plan for
uploading. I would prefer people in the Denver area, as this constitutes
the pilot area for the effort, but if there is enough interest I might
expand that.

Any takers?

Martin