[Geowanking] GPS Track Software

Tom Longson tomlong at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:46:52 PDT 2005

Go check out GPSBabel. It's free, and works on Windows, Mac, and
Linux. Rich Gibson did an excelent writeup on how to use it in
O'Reilly's "Mapping Hacks" (get it if you're interested in
cartography, it's pretty cheap too).

To view your tracks, you can use the Google Maps GPX Viewer:
http://www.tom-carden.co.uk/googlegpx/

Good luck! If you're going to Burning Man, meet up with some of us
Geowankers at the Brane village (Catharsis and 8:00) on Thurday at
4:00pm. We can probably help you out a bit since I know there will be
people there who are "GPS virgins".

nym