[Geowanking] geospatial metadata pollution

Edward Mac Gillavry emacgillavry at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:43:29 PDT 2003

Allan Doyle wrote:

>This relates to trust and quality. If geourl.org can figure out how
>to weed this stuff out, its quality and trust level will go up. If it
>winds up blocking too much, the quality might be high, but the trust
>might go down.

This is where I think the Web of Trust comes in. Just as interesting as
showing your Friendster contacts on a Blogosphere, the same Friendster
contacts can help you to rate geo-tagged annotations in space. Well, instead
of scraping Friendster and the likes, there's of course RDF-based FOAF.
GeoNotes describes how this might work:
http://www.sics.se/~espinoza/GeoNotes_ubicomp_final.htm.

Edward

E. Mac Gillavry (Edward)